A daily boost of motivation, specifically related to GuitarIn5minutes.com - the easiest way to learn guitar from scratch. Often discusses the concept of Beginner's Mind, the Zen precept of openness.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Falls On The Ground

Life is unpredictable.  You're just moving along and wham!  there's 2 feet of snow outside your doorstep.  You may even have known about it for a few days but it wasn't real until it was there.

Or you're doing great and all of a sudden - the flu!  a cold!  something that makes you stop, slow down, and re-evaluate.

Life is always going to be unpredictable.  Change is the name of the game.

So, isn't it comforting to have some kind of routine during times of extreme change?  For me, I get up every morning, do a Neti pot, and take a walk (when there's not 2 feet of snow) or do yoga.  No matter where I am, I like to do this every morning.  Starts the day off right.  I also like to get my hands on a guitar every day.

Maybe you are practicing the guitar every day when you come home from work or just before bed.  Routines that seem awkward at first will become familiar and comfortable as the world continues to spin around you and things naturally evolve and change.

Take the time.  Practice Beginner's Mind.

2 comments:

  1. I was just saying to The Boy (my spouse) that I loved his disciplined routines ... that he makes art or writes/plays music every day - usually in the AM, to kick off his day.

    I used to be more like this - to the extreme - and a consequence to *healing* that part of my behavior is that the pendulum has swung *SO* far in "the other" extreme!

    Yet ... I seek my balance in the dynamic change of life. Every day. Day after day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balance is so hard sometimes, Rose - I try too...

    I think all we can do is keep trying - I believe it will come if we want it badly enough :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers