A daily boost of motivation, specifically related to GuitarIn5minutes.com - the easiest way to learn guitar from scratch. Often discusses the concept of Beginner's Mind, the Zen precept of openness.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday's Child has far to go, Friday's child is loving and giving

One of the reasons I preach the gospel of "5 Minutes A Day" is because it is my experience that consistent action is the best way to get anything done.

I was able to quit my day job by writing a business plan every day at Starbucks for 15 minutes.  It took a year, but the results were highly worth it.

With the help of close proximity to some great musicians, I was able to teach myself how to play lead guitar by practicing 5 minutes a day.   I'm still not Clapton, but I can do it.

It's not about how much time we put into an activity, especially a new one.  It's about regular, consistent action.  Practice Beginner's Mind!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers